Having an apartment is a carefree thing but having a home with a base is a thing to think again, because the owner has to be clever before owning such place. Before catapulting things let’s just get to the point. Having a base will sometimes take your peaceful sleep because no one wants to live with rotten walls (An unhealthy environment for inhaling and obviously the weaken base which is dangerous for life), but having a base will damp the walls after sometime and that may be because of not using the crawl space moisture barrier which is a kind of plastic sheet to play the job of isolator between the wall and the moisture. It is a blessing for all the owners who have the danger of being surrounded with the damp walls or base. Putting this sheet will leave all the stress out with the construction because it is made to bear the responsibility of taking the moisture out of the reach of the walls.
Apart from the responsibility the history has proved that the crawl space moisture barrier is successful idea to save the walls from being destroyed.
Moisture barrier- What actually the role is?
Not a complicated role but just a single help and that is to keep reverting the moisture to save the walls from the base and the roof top. It not only pretends to play the responsible role but also provide the kind of security which is being expected from it. It is a successful attempt to provide the basic level security from the wet environment which is an economical step to take the charge against damp walls.
Pro’s and con’s
Do’s and don’ts for the homeowner to reduce the excess moisture by their own: –
- Do give it a try to insulate the walls through a proper crawl space moisture barrier not from any plastic which is worthless.
- Do look for the crawl space liners that are zero perm and energy star rated.
- Don’t waste your time and money in installing a thin plastic in order to save the house.
- Do research about the right Mil for your home.
- Don’t spend money on a contractor who will charge $6,000 – $12,000 to install the easy system.
- Duly check the properties of crawl space moisture barrier.
I hope the readers will understand the condition of buying a grounded house which is a big responsibility to own, so please duly take care of the moisture and the procedure of insulation.